ACDSee 18: Hide Ads in Notification Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee 18: Hide Ads in Notification Bar

Hi, I recently purchased ACDSee 18, but one thing is driving me nuts. How can I disable the ads that pop up in the "Message Center" in the notification bar (in Windows). On my Windows 7 machine I was able to set the notification to be hidden which is fine. However, on my Windows 10 machine disabling the notifications doesn't have any affect. What I mean is that I can go into the notification settings area and I switch the "acdID InTouch2" notifications to off but it doesn't have any affect on the icon in the notification area. Ideally I should be able to stop these notifications from within ACDSee, but I can't find any option to do so. Does one exist?

I find it a little surprising that the program has these ads anyway. When I was doing a free trial of the product I thought it was reasonable to have the annoying ads, but after I purchased it I expected them to go away.

Your problem is the little program Called ACDSeeInTouch. Read this article on my blog the article addresses both ACDSee Commander and Intouch: http://glenbarrington.blogspot.com/2...mmander-8.html

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post
      Your problem is the little program Called ACDSeeInTouch. Read this article on my blog the article addresses both ACDSee Commander and Intouch: http://glenbarrington.blogspot.com/2...mmander-8.html
      Many thanks. I agree with your sentiment on the blog post that it's hard to fathom a reason that ACDSee thought this was a good idea not to allow us to disable it. After giving them my money only to turn around and have ads pop onto my screen I thought was an absolute slap in the face and gave me a very sour experience of their product from the get go. I'm going to let ACDSee in on a little secret, the only reason you got my money was because I was trying to avoid free programs that are paid for by ads.

Comment

Working...
      X