Force MetaData Pending flag for all files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force MetaData Pending flag for all files

I've just noticed that for a large number of my files, the metadata (particularly categories), has not been embedded into the file.

If I select the option to embed metadata into all files ACDSee says all files are up-to-date - but I know they aren't.

Is there an option to set the metadata-pending flag on all files so that the metadata is rewritten to all the files?

Go to "Options (ALT-O) - Database" and check the embedding option. Then go to view mode and select "image well" in the catalogue. Next select all files and mark/unmark them. This should set embed pending flag for all files.

Comment

Emil - Very clever. I usually flip a rating on/off, but your idea is better.

Comment

And I've worries once again. Why and when does AC fail to set the embed pending flag? I've read this several times since the embedding was implemented - and always hoped that this was caused by misuse. I really want to know, because we too count on this feature. If we can't be sure, that this feature perfectly works, we must stop re-cataloguing files with embedded meta data to renew our db.

Comment

I have never had embed pending fail to turn on. But, because I frequently use two copies of ACDSee at the same time (e.g. Ult-9 and Acd-19), occasionally I get the embed pending flag turned on by one program when the metadata has already been embedded in the other. That's the only time I would want to select several files and turn off the embed pending flag. The technique of embedding metadata and re-cataloging as needed has never failed me in over 10 years. Bottom-line, I have found it to be more reliable than trying to convert databases between ACD versions.

Comment

If just read a post in another forum a guy who had the same problems. He solved it by optimizing the db and restarting AC several times.

Comment

Working...
            X