Folder Tree View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Tree View

I am using Windows 10. Suddenly my folder tree view will not expand any more when I open ACDSee 17.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Carol

Carol - If the entire Folder pane is collapsed every time you start Acd17, then this could be a long-standing issue with Windows and the "My Pictures" folder. When this first happened to me, it was because I had changed the name of the official My Pictures folder. And, I was launching ACDSee pointing at that altered folder. When I opened ACDsee, the entire folder pane was collapsed.

The solution in my case was to (a.) restore the name of the My Pictures folder, and (b.) store all my images in their own separate folder - not in a Windows system folder. Problem solved. Perhaps your problem could be related to this.

Comment

Thanks, I will look into this. I have written the company but haven't heard back from them.

Comment

After several conversations with the company it came down to Windows 10. They told me ACDsee 17 wasn't completely compatible with it and suggested I buy their newest version. ;-(

Comment

I know this topic is old, but I got the same issue now with my new PC on Windows 10, with the old one (Windows 7) still beside me I compared all settings and couldn't find anything differently. I'm on the latest Ultimate 2020. Did you/anybody solve this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by 4BYE View Post
            I know this topic is old, but I got the same issue now with my new PC on Windows 10, with the old one (Windows 7) still beside me I compared all settings and couldn't find anything differently. I'm on the latest Ultimate 2020. Did you/anybody solve this problem?
            Just dealt with this problem on Win10
            if you have it set to a dark theme, then the pointer disappears over the folder tree.
            change to a white or neutral gray theme and reastart ACDSee

you should now be able to put the mouse pointer over the frame between the thumbnails and the folder tree window, and drag it left and right to resize the folder tree window.

HOPE THIS HELPS FOLKS IN TNE FUTURE.

Comment

Working...
            X