How do I move my ACDSee database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I move my ACDSee database?

I do NOT want my ACDSee database to reside on my C: drive. That partition is reserved for Windows and its components only. All of my applications are on my D: partition, and I want to move my ACDSee database there, as well. As it is, my ACDSee database is taking up valuable "real estate" on my C: drive and interfering with my computer's operation (limited space on C:. The database location is greyed out in the options, so I can't edit it. How do I move the database?

Although there may be better options, here is one way

Export existing database
    Tools > Database > Export > Database

Create new database on the drive that you like to use
    File > Database > New
    (Make sure this database opened (at this point, it should be empty)

Import the recently exported database
    Tools > Database > Import > Database

Pro tip: Depending on the new storage (both type of connectivity) you may see a difference in application performance.

Comment

What worked for me was: I copied the database to the new location (using windows explorer). Then I went into ACDSee File > Database > Open and selected the database in the new locations. Confirmed everything was working, then closed ACDSee and deleted the database in the original location.

HTH

- John

Comment

Originally posted by jtruchon View Post
        What worked for me was: I copied the database to the new location (using windows explorer). Then I went into ACDSee File > Database > Open and selected the database in the new locations. Confirmed everything was working, then closed ACDSee and deleted the database in the original location.
        Perfect! Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X