ACD 17 stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACD 17 stops

My ACD 17 stops when I try to load a folder with many sub-folders.

This folder contains the following
    798 sub-folders with text and photos, and in these sub-folders are another 95 sub-folders.
    A total of 1,734 files.
    And uses 1,46 Gigabytes

I sort of think that the program is not getting enough RAM memory to do the job, but don't know how to increase it.
    Running an up-to-date Windows 10, and this data Folder is located on an external USB drive from 3TB.
    I think (not on the system at this moment that it has 8 Gigabyte memory.

I really think the program should be able to handle such a folder, but don't know for sure.
    Thanks for any ideas or help you can give me.

Earl

Just nobody knows about the maximum memory that ACD 17 can handle, funny?

Comment

Do you need to know the max that ACD can handle... or do you need to know if your data set is exceeding the max?

I can't help you with the overall max as I haven't seen a limit... but I can certainly suggest your data set is well under the where I have used the tool.
      My ACD database have been over 50,000 files and over a few GB since before v9 (maybe even v7)

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
        Do you need to know the max that ACD can handle... or do you need to know if your data set is exceeding the max?

I can't help you with the overall max as I haven't seen a limit... but I can certainly suggest your data set is well under the where I have used the tool.
        My ACD database have been over 50,000 files and over a few GB since before v9 (maybe even v7)
        Thanks Gus

Comment

Working...
        X