Action Browser Favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Browser Favorites

Hello - I am trying out Photo Studio Pro 2020 and discovered the Action Browser. Looked great, but when i tried to copy an Action (Geometry_Flip_Vertical) to Favorites it disappeared from the Geometry folder and there is still nothing in Favorites. Now I don't have Flip Vertical in my Action Browser ?

1 - how can I recover Flip Vertical
    2 - how do I add actions to favourites ?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have a theory about what may have happened. Please check and see if the action is in the Uncategorized category.

In the Move to Category dialog, the category that the selected actions will be moved to is displayed in the dropdown menu on the right. I think what you might have done was to check the Favorites category in the list on the left side of the dialog. But all this will do is select any actions in the Favorites category to be moved to the category selected in the dropdown menu. I have to admit that I made exactly the same mistake when I tried to reproduce this issue!

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.
    Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Tristan - thank you ! I just figured this out when (with the help of ACDSee support) I noticed that the action is still in the V10 folder. I think it is misleading when you right-click on an action to Move To Category, and then a directory shows up. One logically thinks this is the "next step" of choosing the target destination ... which then clears out your Favourites.

Hopefully they can clear this up in the next release. A COPY to Category would be excellent as well.

Thank you

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this along to the ACDSee Product Team, and they can look into the possibility of updating the workflow in a future release.

Thanks,
        Tristan H.
        ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
        X