Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about advanced search options (face detection included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about advanced search options (face detection included)

Hi,
    I've been using ACDSee soft since I remenber. Previus I used ACDSEE12 for almost 10 years, but few days ago i decided to upgrade it t 2020 Home version.

And I got few question about it's features.

First thing first. I got large (or even very large as for non professional) collection of my family pics. I stored it in a cluod. It's almost 300.000 pics. Every family event has own directory.

I choose about 5.000 random pics and mark faces on them. Then I run scan to detect these faces at rest photos. So I got whole family face recognited.

And now the question:

How can I search for certain face (my granma for example) but in result not to see every single photo where my gradma is, but I want to see all directories (events in my case) which contains grandma's face.

Is it even possible?

I just want to share the photos with my family member - but before I do that - I want to sort a bit a collection - to avoid situation when someone gets photos from event where his not even was.

I dont know did I made myself clear.
    I tried to use Pane search, mark to show poeple, but it always shows my every single photo. I want to see directories containing these faces instead.
    Last edited by jotes; 05-05-2020, 04:28 AM.

Hi jotes,

This is sort of possible. In the Catalog pane, People section, click on a person's name to search for all images with that person. Then set the Group menu to Folder. This will still show all the images, but they will be grouped by the folder and the folder paths will be displayed. I don't think this is exactly what you were looking for, but it might help you. I've attached a screenshot showing the location of Group > Folder.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan H View Post
      Hi jotes,

This is sort of possible. In the Catalog pane, People section, click on a person's name to search for all images with that person. Then set the Group menu to Folder. This will still show all the images, but they will be grouped by the folder and the folder paths will be displayed. I don't think this is exactly what you were looking for, but it might help you. I've attached a screenshot showing the location of Group > Folder.

Thanks,
      Tristan H.
      ACD Systems
      Thanks.
      That helps a lot

Comment

Working...
      X