Date Modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Modified

I'm in need of the "last date modified" for IPTC meta data and developing parameters.
    For both, the file date modified date is touched with jpeg and other images that can contain xmp data. But this does not apply for raw files. In such cases the side car file is touched. However, the file date modified also is touched when embedding AC meta data which I do not want to be covered by this modified date. I need the date of the day the meta data was altered, not the date it was embedded.

So, the date I'm looking for can't be found in the file system, it can only be stored in the database or even better as xmp data applied immediately (like IPTC meta data).

Thank's for reading, Emil

I'm still a little unclear on what you want, but I THINK you are saying that when you embed metadata, you don't want the last modified file date changed. But what if, before you embed the metadata you do a batch Adjust Timestamp and copy the last modified file date to the ACDSee Database date and time. I've personally found no use for this date and would use it to store the original modified date for searches that need that sort of consistency. I would use this batch routine whenever I wanted to save the last modified file date.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post
      ... you are saying that when you embed metadata, you don't want the last modified file date changed.
      Of course not! If a file is changed the "date modified" must be touched of course. What I need is the date of the day when any meta data was edited, not the date it was actually embedded.

But what if, before you embed the metadata you do a batch Adjust Timestamp and copy the last modified file date to the ACDSee Database date and time.
      Yeah, I could start embedding dialogue every time I edit the meta data of a file, or set AC's "database date" to current date every time I edit the meta data and embed once a week. Imho, both option are quite annoying. (I fill "database date" with EXIF date too, and don't use it at all - it's in the EXIF already.)

It seems everybody is focused on the date an image was shoot, no one cares about the date the image was edited the last time. The date tag I miss could simplify my regular export routines.

Comment

I may be missing something...
        Tools > Options > Database > [check] Display embed ACDSee metadata reminder > Shutdown

This updates the embedded data everytime I shutdown ACDSee.

It is not perfect for te task described, but it does update the metadata for the files I worked on in that day.
        (Of course this means shutting down the application once a day, but I do that anyway)

Comment

We are only trying to help here. How do you define what is "keyword edited" as opposed to what is a " file modification"? And how would ACDSee programmers know that?

How do you propose to differentiate an edit to the image from an edit to the keyword? It seems like a 2-dimensional date table would have to be built in memory just to keep track of those dates, plus the supporting logic to know which dates to record. Depending on how many dates one would want to differentiate, read/write times could skyrocket

Wouldn't it be more effective to manually record Keyword edit date or any special date in the ACDSee Metadata 'Notes' field? maybe ACDSee programmers could add a "Special Date" field and a batch update tool for user-defined unique tracking dates.
          Last edited by Glen Barrington; 05-13-2020, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
            [check] Display embed ACDSee metadata reminder > Shutdown

This updates the embedded data everytime I shutdown ACDSee.
            Thanks for the reminder; I think I'll try that. In conjunction with a script to get the names of the raw files for matching side car files it may do the job if I recreate lnk files for the found files.

Comment

Working...
            X