Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import from Scanner not saving Metadata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from Scanner not saving Metadata?

I'm evaluating ACDSee Photo Studio Professional 2020 so that I can finally move away from Picasa.

Before I downloaded by trial copy of ACDSee Pro, I scanned a lot of old photos from the 70s-early 90s (and even some from the 40s-60s) and added captions in Picasa. When I looked at those photos in ACDSee Pro, I was pleased to see the scanner name and model in the EXIF Make and Model (Canon Canoscan LiDE 110) fields. I also saw the name of the Software (MP Navigator EX 4.0) that was used with the scanner. ACDSee also showed the Date/Time, Date/Time Original, and Date/Time Digitized (the date and time I scanned the photo).

In ACDSee Pro, I tried scanning in a couple of photos using File > Import > From Scanner in. Absolutely nothing showed up in EXIF fields and the only metadata in the ACDSee Metadata was the date and time scanned.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Yes, I can just continue to scan outside of ACDSee, but it would be nice to be able to do everything from inside.
Working...
X