Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link in cataloged files not valid (anymore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link in cataloged files not valid (anymore)

Hi there,

In creating picture albums I assign categories to pictures like "holiday 2018" or "christmas 2019" in order to find these under Catalog overview. Over the years I have quite a number of these Catalog entries. All files are stored on a NAS and backed up regularly.

Last year I re-organised my network and the NAS got a different IP address. In the Catalog view I now see that many older files have a link using the old IP address and cannot be accessed anymore by following the link shown in File properties.

Is there a way to manage the database and update the old link information with the new IP address? If not, what other ways are there to update the link information?

System: Windows10, ACDSee 20.

Regards,
    Paulien

Originally posted by Paulien View Post
    Hi there,

In creating picture albums I assign categories to pictures like "holiday 2018" or "christmas 2019" in order to find these under Catalog overview. Over the years I have quite a number of these Catalog entries. All files are stored on a NAS and backed up regularly.

Last year I re-organised my network and the NAS got a different IP address. In the Catalog view I now see that many older files have a link using the old IP address and cannot be accessed anymore by following the link shown in File properties.

Is there a way to manage the database and update the old link information with the new IP address? If not, what other ways are there to update the link information?
    If you have embedded the ACDSee metadata in all the images, you could possibly start a new database and run Tools->Database->Catalog Files to read back the embedded Categories into the new database.

If you haven't embedded the data, and assuming the NAS drive is physically the same one, then it may be easier to change the IP of the NAS to what it was before. It ideally should be using a fixed IP. rather then DHCP, but I guess changing its IP depends on whether the old IP is within the range now allowed by your new network structure.

I don't know anyway of changing the links within the database.

Comment

Working...
    X