Mobile Sync seems to detect wrong network - WSL virtual ethernet network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Sync seems to detect wrong network - WSL virtual ethernet network

I'm evaluating ACDSee for the first time, and trying and failing to get Mobile Sync working.

I work with computers for a living and am very computer-savvy (although I am not a Windows networking expert).

ACDSee seems to be trying to open up a port on the wrong network interface, the virtual network set up for WSL2 networking. In the attached screenshot, you can see that it's opening up a port on 172.23.144.1 (QR code image), but in the ipconfig image you can see that the regular LAN interface is 192.168.1.32 (orange) and the 172.24.x.x network (red) is the vEthernet network.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anybody else seen this? Should I raise a bug report?

---

Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.867
    ACDSee Photo Studio Home 2021 Version 24.0 (Build 1671)

I have the same issue. It started when I installed VMware's virtual network interface. Prior to installing the virtual network, Mobile Sync worked fine. After the install, Mobile Sync chose the virtual interface which is not the desired outcome. I searched the Windows registry and cannot find where the Mobile Sync host information is stored.

Comment

Working...
    X