How to render EPS files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to render EPS files

Is there a plugin or any way I can get to view eps files?

Kerry

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
    Is there a plugin or any way I can get to view eps files?

Kerry
    ACDSee Ultimate does have a plugin (ID_PS.api) that is described as EPS/PDF Image Import Library, and is listed for EPS and PDF files. It also has EPS listed (and ticked) in the file association settings.

With that plugin enabled I can certainly view PDF's in ACDSee, and I am able to see both proper thumbnails and also open SOME .eps files, but not all. (I haven't delved into "why some and not others")

For those I can view, if I right click on the thumbnail, I see the standard ACDSee right click menu (which includes External Editors). For those which only show a generic EPS icon as the thumbnail I get a much reduced right click menu (which doesn't include External Editors) That right click menu does however allow me to select "Shell Edit" and to open the eps file in Affinity Designer, or DrawPlus X8.

Edit: For what it is worth, eps files produced in Inkscape and saved as Postscript 3 do show proper thumbnails in ACDSee and can be viewed in View mode, and eps files saved from DrawPlus X8 that include a TIFF preview, also show proper thumbnails and can be viewed in ACDSee View mode, so it would appear the "why some and not others" is that it can handle those that have preview images embedded.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 04-27-2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X