X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by jd2009x View Post
    ...Hopefully ACDSee can adjust the program so it doesn't look in hidden folders that are not even viewable in Manage.
    Maybe worth raising a Support request at https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/form/ , and providing ACDSee with details of your NAS and its Album structure.

Leave a comment:

• jd2009x
    replied
    Thank you Greyfox for the taking the time to respond. Some good tips and some confirmations on limitations.

Regarding the hidden folders they are non-ACDSee folders, but unfortunately I have a Master folder Included with numerous Albums/Subfolders within. There is a non-ACDSee hidden folder in each Album (there are also non-hidden Subfolders w/in the Albums). To exclude the hidden folders would add quite a bit of work and require regular updating as new Albums are created. Hopefully ACDSee can adjust the program so it doesn't look in hidden folders that are not even viewable in Manage.

Again, thank you for the help!

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by jd2009x View Post
    ..How do I make the photo big enough to actually see when looking at a Person in People Mode? I can toggle to Show Source Thumbnails but those are ridiculously tiny - how do I open that photo up to full size from People Mode?
    With "Show Source Image Thumbnails" toggled on, select the thumbnail, then in the top line click on View. That will open the image full size in View Mode.
    Unfortunately when you then return to People mode, the thumbnail is no longer selected. Not ideal, but that's how it is at the moment.

How do I limit Facial Recognition to not include hidden subfolders? The Manage view does not show these hidden subfolders that my NAS is creating to hold thumbnails but People / Facial Recognition is still showing these tiny images and generating horribly pixelated faces.
    Not clear as to what hidden subfolders you are referring to.
    If you are talking about the hidden subfolders [Originals] and [Developed] that ACDSee creates, these can be made visible in Manage Mode folder tree (see Filter\ Advanced Filters). They are automatically excluded from the database and so Face Detection is not done on image in them.

If you are talking about "non ACDSee hidden files", then the answer is to exclude them from the database. That can be done from the right click menu in the Folders tree in Manage mode. (Also from Tools\Database\Excluded Folder settings).

You might also check what folders are being monitored in ACDSee Indexer.

How do I best remove a dozen plus background faces that are not the subject of the photo and often heavily pixelated? Is there a better way than deleting each face individually? I already have it set to Conservative (but think that is more so on matching than finding).
    The way I would do it is to open the image in View Mode. Use Tools\Face Detection\Remove faces to remove all faces from the image.
    Then from the bottom tool bar, use the Face tool to manually draw in the face outline box for the one face you want recognized in the image, and add in the name. You will need to have "Show Face Outlines toggled on (also in the lower tool bar). Whilst not necessary for this particular operation, I recommend having the Face Detection Pane enabled in View mode.

These images will remain marked as having been scanned for faces, and Face Detection will not re-scan them, unless triggered by the Redetect Faces command, or enabling "Rerun Face Detection" in Tools\Options\Face Detection, and editing or developing the images and then browsing them.

Leave a comment:

• jd2009x
    started a topic Facial Rec & People Mgmt Qs

Facial Rec & People Mgmt Qs

New user, overall impressed with ACDSee Home. Few concerns that hopefully I am missing a step to accomplish.

How do I make the photo big enough to actually see when looking at a Person in People Mode? I can toggle to Show Source Thumbnails but those are ridiculously tiny - how do I open that photo up to full size from People Mode?

How do I limit Facial Recognition to not include hidden subfolders? The Manage view does not show these hidden subfolders that my NAS is creating to hold thumbnails but People / Facial Recognition is still showing these tiny images and generating horribly pixelated faces.

How do I best remove a dozen plus background faces that are not the subject of the photo and often heavily pixelated? Is there a better way than deleting each face individually? I already have it set to Conservative (but think that is more so on matching than finding).

I am on ACDSee Home 2022 v25.1

THANK YOU
Working...
X