Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Duplication

Sorry Thread Title should be START-UP Duplication

Hi, checking though my start up File I noticed that I have two (") copies of ACDSEE CommanderUltimate12

See attached Photo

Is this correct or can I delete one?

Len
    Last edited by Len; 01-12-2019, 01:44 AM.

I only have one, plus something different. Would like to know what and why they are. Don't like unnecessary files in my startup.
    I just ended both tasks and started ACDSee. Saw no difference in startup or operation. Both processes are back under the ACDSee program task.

Comment

Hi Len,

I'm not familiar with that particular startup file. I know about the startup list in Task Manager, the Start-up folder in AppData\Roaming, and two in the Registry in HKCU and HKLM. What startup file are you referring to?

It looks to me like the listings in this file correspond to Registry values in HKCU and HKLM (in SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). I believe that ACDSee adds a value to both so that Commander runs automatically for all user accounts on the computer. There is no need to remove either entry.

Thanks,
      Tristan H.
      ACD Systems

Comment

Hi dbvirago,

Commander serves as an "easy access" shortcut to open ACDSee from the system tray, and also runs the ACDSee Mobile Sync server. It runs at startup so that Mobile Sync can work without you having to run ACDSee.

InTouch enables update messages, so that you are informed when a software update is available. Similar to Commander, it runs at startup so that you can receive a software update notification without running ACDSee.

Both will also run when ACDSee runs, so these services will still be available if you manually launch ACDSee after restarting your computer.

Thanks,
        Tristan H.
        ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
        X