Changing Date & Time Properties of Images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Date & Time Properties of Images

I have tried to follow the instructions in ACDSee but cannot get it figured out. I change the date and it does not move the photo based on the new date I give it. It stays where it was and still has the same date on it. It also requires me to re-enter the Advanced Options each time I try to change a date on a new photo. I have over 6400 35MM photos I have scanned into ACDSee and all have the date I scanned them (i.e. May 13, 2019) instead of the date the photo was taken which is often shown on the print (i.e. 3-28-1997).
    Can someone help me here?

Hi rmeyer116,

I would like to get some more information about what you are trying to do, and how you are trying to accomplish it. It sounds to me like you are trying to sort or group your images by date in the Manage mode file list. Is that correct? Are you sorting on the modified date, or something else?

There are several different dates that ACDSee tracks including the file's date/time original and date modified, the ACDSee database date and imported date, and several EXIF fields including date/time digitized. Which date are you trying to adjust? If you are not sure, I would appreciate a screenshot showing what and where you are adjusting.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

I'm not quite sure how to work this program. It sounded simple when I tested it, but after purchasing it, I think it's over my head.
      To answer your question, all I am trying to do is to take the 35MM photos I have scanned dated from 1970 to roughly 2000 and put them in chronological order so that I can save the file and give an SD card to several family members at Christmas. As it stands, I have no idea how to do this. I have tried to use the Tools/Batch/Adjust Time Stamp in Manage mode as well as trying to use the Tools/Modify/Adjust Image Time Stamp in View mode. After spending "HOURS" methodically changing what I thought were the new, actual dates of the when the photo was taken, "NOT PROCESSED", it still shows the date as it was before I tried to change it.
      I'm worn out... it can't be that difficult. I gotta believe anyone who has scanned old photos and wants to view them in chronological order has used this program to do so. I cannot figure it out!

Comment

It appears there is a firewall because it will not allow me to paste a screenshot.

Comment

I think I understand what you would like to do. Scan elder pictures, give them the appropriate time stamp and show them in the chronological order.

It should work with batch adjusting in manage mode. See attached screenshot, in german, but you should see how it works.
          Select a or multiple pictures, choose adjust time stämp, check exif-data, on the next windows choose: use certain date or time (don`t know how it is presented in the english version), then apply.
          The NEW exif-time stämp is set and in the calender the pictures are showed in the correct month and year - in my example 1998. Nevertheless the dates of file created and such remain the same. Click image for larger version

Name:	time 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	49198 Click image for larger version

Name:	time 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	49199

Comment

Hi rmeyer116,

What Uwe has said will work. You can alternatively use the Properties pane, Metadata tab, and change the EXIF > Date/Time Original field directly. After changing it, click Apply at the top of the Properties pane. This may be faster than going through Batch Adjust Timestamp. With either workflow, you can select multiple images if you don't mind them having the same date/time original. I have attached some screenshots showing the workflows.

Once you have updated your images' timestamps, you can sort the current directory by Date Taken - see the last screenshot.

I hope that this will help you organize your photos for sharing. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
            Tristan H.
            ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
            X