• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screencaster audio lost

I'm still losing the last of the audio on the screencaster
    I have a clip from a screen shot that shows this problem see attached

the audio stops at 8:25 but the video continues to 9:00

Hi Bill,

I'm unable to reproduce your issue. I have a few questions that might help me narrow the issue down:
    • Does the issue only happen with videos you create using Video Recorder, or does the same issue happen with other videos added to Video Studio?
    • Are you using any Hardware Acceleration for Video Recorder and Video Studio?
    • What is your recording frame rate for Video Recorder?
    • Are you using a webcam while recording?
    Thanks,
    Dylan L
    ACD Systems

Comment

thanks for the prompt comeback!

I have only observed this problem using the screencaster. I'm using a 2560x1440 monitor so that I can setup a 1920x1080 area to record from, using the screencaster. (sometimes these are called recorders)

the audio is supplied via LINE IN from a Shure SM58 Mic via a Behringer pre-amp/mixer. The MoBo is ASUS A88X_PRO; O/S is the latest Windows-10. I should note that I had had the same trouble with the ScreenCaster in the Debian-10 o/s ( which is on a different disc ). I could bypass the on-board DAC and connect the Behringer DAC that I have -- via a USB connection (I think it's USB(2) but I'd have to look to be sure ). this is probably a worth-doing test.

I'll have to figure out how to check for the accelerator feature. The "Video Recorder 3" reports "no device detected". this is probably normal: this computer is using integrated graphics ( AMD ) no graphics card is installed..
      Frame rate: I have been using the default; I'll see if I can ascertain what that is ----- Frame rate was 22.36 fps
      no webcam -- none is installed. this is a screencast w/ audio from the line in port.

remember: this video is being captured using the "Video Recorder 3" and then rendered using "Video Studio 3"
      Last edited by bill albert; 11-13-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the information. We will continue to investigate the issue.

Thanks,
        Dylan L
        ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan L View Post
          Hi Bill,

Thank you for the information. We will continue to investigate the issue.

Thanks,
          Dylan L
          ACD Systems
          I did do a test run using the Behringer ( USB Connected ) DAC in place of the integrated MoBo DAC: no change.

this acts like a buffering problem: when a file is closed IOS should write any remaining buffers from RAM to the file media.
          when the screencaster is closed -- using the STOP (it should say CLOSE, not "STOP") option -- it will then display a processing dialog for a short time -- supposedly this is when the remaining data is written to disc. After that it will LINK into the Video Editor -- ready for rendering--

speaking of which: you have a "separation tool" that looks like this ]|[ -- and which will "cut" the "film" (av track ). However: I can't apply it twice. Lets say I want to remove A/V from 2:00 minutes to 3:00 minutes. The normal procedure is to cut the A/V track at the 2:00 mark, cut it again at the 3:00 mark -- and then delete the segment that lines between the first cut and the second.

Once I cut the track once -- it won't let me make the second cut. I had to edit in kdenlive.
          also: the graphic for the cut tool should appear as an exacto knife or scissors.

Comment

let's close this issue for now: I'm thinking this is a problem with the Radeon/Audio driver: This exact same problem was manifest on the Debian-9 box using their screencaster. I would note though that I was recording video from a Windows 8.1 session running in virtual. while the lost audio was normal in the headset it was lost from the raw MP4 track. I doubt this is relevant though as the screencaster task runs under Debian control, not virtual.

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thank you for all the updated information! Even if you believe it is a problem with your Radeon/Audio driver, it is all still good information to have on our end. We will continue to look into the bug and see if we can provide a fix if possible.

Thanks,
              Dylan L.
              ACD Systems

Comment

I ran some tests using the Windows/10 built in screen recorder. While this did not lose any audio it did lose new windows opened by the app. Either the View Image or Edit Image option will result in a new window and the W-10 screen recorder failed entirely -- it just showed a blank screen -- the edit screen showed mouse tracks.

I have a new video card on order (RADEON RX 570 ) which should be here tw; we'll see if that helps ( right now I'm using integrated graphics -- the cpu is a 4+8 type -- 4 compute cores + 8 graphic cores. ). Integrated graphics is adequate for office work -- maybe not so good for video,--
                Last edited by bill albert; 11-25-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

2019-11-26 Update:

the Cooler Master RX-570 card arrived today and the installation was un-eventful.

I've completed the first test now with the new graphics card installed

unfortunately it seems to have had no affect on the loss of audio problem. I would note though that when I used the MSFT/W-10 built in screen recording audio was not lost. However: the built in recorder is UNSAT in that it only records the active window. If the active window spawns a new window the W-10 recorder does not change focus.

It may be possible to terminate their recorder, then pop the new window, and then restart the recorder. The resulting clips could be spliced in the video editor but this approach is UNSAT.

Comment

2019-11-26 Update (2):

I may have found the solution: On the Recorder: for Audio input there are two options: (1) Mic, and (2) System.

These were both active.

For my 2d test today I disabled the "System Audio" leaving only the MIC -- which is fed via LINE IN from a Behringer MIC Pre-amp ( you do need one with the Shure SM58 MIC which uses a balanced low impedance line )

This 2d test does not seem to have lost any audio signal. I think further testing is needed though.
                    Last edited by bill albert; 11-26-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X