Photos on external drive always show as orphaned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos on external drive always show as orphaned

I have indexed a lot of photos on an external drive.When I first do this, everything works great. However, when I restart ACDsee and go to Photos mode, everything on the external drive shows as orphaned. I can still click on them to open but they are all greyed out and I have to click show orphan files.

The only way I've found to get them back is to re-catalogue everything which takes time when I have to do it every time I start up - has anyone come across this or have a solution?

did MSFT/Windows assign a new drive letter to your external drive ? it has a bad habit of doing that and I don't know of any way to name and then mount a partition so that it will be on the same path every time. I'm running my photo library on an external drive but so far it always gets assigned as drive "E:"
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot Windows Drives.png Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	50856One friend I worked with was using an external drive with Ps/Lr. When he left the external drive connected MSFT would try to boot from that external drive when he did his power-up. I tried to correct the boot sequence order in his BIOS but -- it was locked in some manner I couldn't discover.

So he had to boot his machine and then connect his drive. that's when you may get a different drive letter assigned.
    Last edited by bill albert; 12-01-2019, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X