Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niczoom
    replied
    Thanks bill, Ill keep that in mind for next time. Just to note, I added a heap more photos (I use Advanced Renamer to rename & move them) and this time the Catalog Files worked without issue. It skipped quite quickly through the folders and just found all the new photos near the end. Not sure why it didnt work this way previously.

Leave a comment:

• bill albert
    replied
    Originally posted by niczoom View Post
    I've updated to the 2019 version, my collection is around 40000 photos. When I go to Catalogue Files after adding new images to my photos folders, Acdsee starts cataloguing from the start every time going through each and every image, at a slow rate as it hadn't catalogued anything previously. It used to have some sort of cache whereas is skipped really fast through previously catalogued photos and only took longer to catalogue the new additions toward the end. Have I missed some setting possibly?
    Normally I do an IMPORT from whatever is/are the new directory/directories. If you re-catalog your entire master library you may be telling ACDSee that you've re-orgainzed your library and need everything re-cataloged

Leave a comment:

• niczoom
    started a topic Catalog Files

Catalog Files

I've updated to the 2019 version, my collection is around 40000 photos. When I go to Catalogue Files after adding new images to my photos folders, Acdsee starts cataloguing from the start every time going through each and every image, at a slow rate as it hadn't catalogued anything previously. It used to have some sort of cache whereas is skipped really fast through previously catalogued photos and only took longer to catalogue the new additions toward the end. Have I missed some setting possibly?
Working...
X