Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Rename, using Folder Name

Hi,

Ive been using ACDSEE for a while now and am slowly working through my images to reorganise them.

One thing I havent been able to find an automate way to do is when I do a batch rename of files, I would like to use the folder as the first part of the image name.

EG.

Imges are in a folder called "Summer Trip 2019"

I would like to setup a batch rename of the imags within to be

<folder name> - <3 digits starting at 001>.jpg

At the moment I have to set the folder name on each batch rename.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

At this time (to my knowledge), an auto-insert <folder name> does not exist. For now, you're going to have to continue entering the it manually (or copy/paste). It's an interesting idea. and I suspect that you are not alone in wishing that this ability existed. So, I forwarded your request to the ACD Developers for consideration. Time will tell.

Comment

Old wish.

Comment

Originally posted by toneee View Post

EG.

Imges are in a folder called "Summer Trip 2019"

I would like to setup a batch rename of the imags within to be

<folder name> - <3 digits starting at 001>.jpg
        Strange wish you got there.

I think you would be better off creating categories, keywords or albums. Create an Album called 'Summer Trip 2019', then add all the pictures to that album.

Before you are using categories, people, keyword albums and more spend some time find how you would like to group more important search in your pictures. It quickly takes a very long time adding metadata to all your pictures. Do the homework first. And remember - backups.

Comment

Working...
        X