Color Matching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Matching?

Does anyone know if there is a way to match colors between images in ACDsee? For example, if I would like to match skin tones across images or make sure that the background vegetation is the same shade of green/yellow across images. Is there any way to match colors other than by messing around with the Color EQ sliders? As, in something that shows me the color I am editing next to the color I am referencing? Or some other similar system that makes it easier to know that I am getting the same colors? Right now, my process has been all over the place, and I have not found a way to really know whether I am getting the same colors between images. Usually, I will only realize that my colors don't quite match when I see that I have just a little too much orange in one skin tone compared to another, or that my green/yellows got a little off down the line.

I have the most current version of Ultimate as of this post (ACDSee Ultimate 2020). I appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Last edited by dragus359; 05-20-2020, 10:38 AM.

Someone may have a better solution, however assuming you're working with photos taken in similar lighting I would create a develop preset from your original edit to apply to subsequent photos. I would then drop all of the edits into the image basket, select the images I want to compare, and then press ctrl+alt+r to open the compare image viewer. If you have monitor real estate you could also open the edited photo in one instance and then open another to develop the next image, though I find that ACDSee tends to crash when you have two instances running simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcnich View Post
      Someone may have a better solution, however assuming you're working with photos taken in similar lighting I would create a develop preset from your original edit to apply to subsequent photos. I would then drop all of the edits into the image basket, select the images I want to compare, and then press ctrl+alt+r to open the compare image viewer. If you have monitor real estate you could also open the edited photo in one instance and then open another to develop the next image, though I find that ACDSee tends to crash when you have two instances running simultaneously.
      Thanks. That's more or less my current process. But it sounds like I can't pick a color and tell another color to be that picked color. At least I haven't found a way to do that in ACDSee.

Comment

If there is a spot on every image that should be either gray or white, using "white balance" can help get things common. (Note, this works much better with raw files)

Comment

Working...
        X