Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACDSEE software publisher pirated in July?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSEE software publisher pirated in July?

hi
    an article, published on a French site specialized in computer security (of very good reputation), says that there was a data leak concerning the forum of the company ACDSEE. I wanted to know if you had any information on this subject.

I put you a translation of this article

During my ZATAZ Watch Service watch, I discovered a data leak concerning the ACDSEE company forum. This Canadian software publisher seems to have been visited last July by at least two hackers. One of the malevolent, known in his milieu, diffused the database of the forum of this North American company, publisher, among others, of Photo Studio.

24,000 accounts with the IP and email addresses of the subscribers were distributed. The passwords are not exploitable, the keys being hashed with the blowfish encryption algorithm.

Among the accounts I have seen, several belong to the company's employees. Direct links for hackers. The latter could try (or have they already done) a contact by email, for example, and hope for the implementation of a ransomware, an internal access ... Enough to allow hackers to think about trapping the software marketed by the company, as was the case in 2017 for Ccleaner.

In the case of the forum members, a swindler could pretend to be the company and set up various malicious attempts (phishing, ...).

Contacted by email, the DPO did not follow up on my alert.
    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    source: https://www.zataz.com/fuite-de-donnees-pour-acdsee/

This may be related to this post.

Comment

if that's it, I think it's a small explanation.

Comment

C'est bien, ACDsee donné une réponse 3 jours après mon post mais ils ont attendu plus d'un mois après la cyberattaque.

That's good, ACDsee gave an answer 3 days after my post but they waited more than a month after the cyber attack.
        Traduit par deepl traduction

Comment

Working...
        X