Subscription Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription Options

I was just on the site deciding whether to upgrade from Ultimate 21 to 22 and saw the ACDSee Gold Membership. It looks like the Home or Personal plan, but with some extra perks. But it's $10 cheaper than the Personal plan. Am I missing something?

Also wanted to know what you guys think of these plans in general. I'd rather 'own' the software, but if I'm going to upgrade every year, it may be more cost effective.

Thanks

Hmm, this is interesting. I clicked on the Upgrade link to check the price and got
    This offer is currently not available. Please visit www.acdsee.com to explore other products and to take advantage of our current deals, or contact customer support for further assistance.
    dbvirago
    Last edited by dbvirago; 01-12-2022, 01:53 PM.

Originally posted by dbvirago View Post
    ... if I'm going to upgrade every year, it may be more cost effective.
    At the moment the price of Ultimate 2022 on its own is shown as USD $99.95.

The Home pack (which I use) is shown as USD $99.00 and that includes U2022, Photo Studio for Mac, Luxea, and Video Converter Pro, with a licence that covers using each of them on 3 PC's.

Both of the above are "permanent" licences.

The subscription model "Home Plan" for USD $89 includes the same software as the Home pack, with the number of PC's at 5, and 50GB of line storage.

The "Personal Plan" for $69 includes the same software but with the number of PC's limited to 2, and only 10GB on line storage.

For anyone who already has a version with a permanent licence, the subscription model does seem to provide a reasonable saving whilst they continue to use the product. Even if they discontinue the subscription after a couple of years, and can then no longer use the software, they would be able to fall back to the last version they had with a permanent licence. I doubt they would be able to backwards convert the later version database, but if they had embedded the metadata in the images, they would be able to create a new database for the old version relatively simply.

Perhaps not so for someone starting out new with ACDSee. For them not going on with the subscription at any stage leaves them with no asset management.

I wasn't able to find anything on the main web site about Gold Membership. Maybe I've missed seeing it. Is it actually a current offering?

Comment

As soon as I sign in, it's a banner on the home page about halfway down between Try Out Latest Releases and Your Apps
      Clicking on it takes you here. https://acdid.acdsee.com/product/gold-membership-pd

I still can't upgrade my current software. If I go to My Apps, the only option is to upgrade with two ways to get there. One Upgrade link tells me the offer is currently not available and the other takes me to the main purchase page. I have sent to support and am waiting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-13 05_41_35-Home.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	59042

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post
        At the moment the price of Ultimate 2022 on its own is shown as USD $99.95.

The Home pack (which I use) is shown as USD $99.00 and that includes U2022, Photo Studio for Mac, Luxea, and Video Converter Pro, with a licence that covers using each of them on 3 PC's.
        The Home pack can only be registered online (at least my German version). AFAIK the Ultimate 2022 stand alone version might be activated off line. ACDSystems will decide if I can register my Home pack on a new pc in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil View Post

The Home pack can only be registered online (at least my German version). AFAIK the Ultimate 2022 stand alone version might be activated off line. ACDSystems will decide if I can register my Home pack on a new pc in a couple of years.
          Software that can be licenced for more than one PC generally has to be activated on line so that the number of allowed activations can not be exceeded,

I have home packs of both the 2022 and 2021 version, and one of the 2021 home pack applications in particular has an unused activation. That is still shown on my account, and there is also provision there to deactivate/rename the ones in use, so they become available for other PC's.

I don't know whether the stand alone version can be activated off line. I have "lifetime" licences for both Home 2020, and Ultimate 2020. They also show on my account with their activations and again provide the means to deactivate/rename old installations, so that doesn't appear to be any different to the packs (other than the number of activations allowed.

I guess I have to trust that ACDSee's activation remains working in the future, but that applies to other software products as well.

Interestingly, all of my ACDSee versions before 2020 are no longer listed though an old Canvas version is listed.
          Greyfox
          Pro Member
          Last edited by Greyfox; 01-13-2022, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X