ACDSee32 - problems - yes I know ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee32 - problems - yes I know ....

... that ACDsee32 is WAY past its sell-bv date, but it is by far the fastest, most responsive and best viewer around for me and I've been using it as an essential part of my workflow ever since I bought it.

I did install ACDsee Free some time ago, but it was slower and less responsive, and also wouldn't read some image formats, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled ACDSee32 (acdc32241.exe)

Now, every time I try and run it, the UAC pops up to get permission to make changes to the system, which is a pain.

If I give it permission, it will at least run in browser mode and I can work that way, but it's horribly clumsy.

And if I associate it with any file extension, it comes up with the UAC followed by a blank window - and if I drag/drop an image into it nothing happens.

This is all true running as user or administrator and it works absolutely fine on my other Windows 10 user account, but simply doesn't work on the main account.

I've tried a whole bunch of things to no avail and I know it's a long shot, but I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts of what I might try to get this working again.

Do you have an AV installed? If so, see if you need to whitelist it in the firewall settings.

Comment

Originally posted by AliGW View Post
      Do you have an AV installed? If so, see if you need to whitelist it in the firewall settings.
      Thanks for the thought - I did try disabling AV, but to no avail.

And also, it worked fine before I installed/uninstalled ACDsee Free and works on the other use account. So I think it has to be something that Free has done.

Comment

Working...
      X