Sorting images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting images

I take many photos of birds and can end up with 100+.
    Currently I go import them into a folder by month and group by date.
    I then go through and delete the ones that are blurred, poor pose, generally poor images.
    What I have left will be a selection of birds of different species.
    I currently select the same species by holding the CTRL key down and then rename them by species name and adding two ## so they are numbered 01,02,03,etc
    It's quite time consuming and just wonder if there is a way to go through them and name them and it automatically adding the 01,02,03 or some kind of name to differentiate one from the other but still sort by species name.
    Any help much appreciated. :-)

granddadscott

You haven't said what version of ACDSee you are using. The Batch rename should do what you want, but that function has changed in the more recent versions so details of how to use it would depend on the version you are using.

If you are using Ultimate 2022 for instance you could use saved custom templates for each species name, and include the ## characters for the numbering. You can then set the starting value for each batch you process. That way you also don't have to manually type in the species name or the number on each image.

Comment

Thank you Greyfox, I am using that version and will try your suggestion.
      Much appreciated.

Comment

granddadscott

Maybe something like this
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Rename Preset.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	60927

Comment

It seems there is a limit on the number of custom Templates it will show. ?

Comment

Originally posted by granddadscott View Post
            It seems there is a limit on the number of custom Templates it will show. ?
            Well I've tested to 50 different species and no limit so far. At around 30 the preset listing in the rename dialog acquires a scroll bar on the right, as can be seen in the the left screen shot below. The right hand side screen shot show the list that appears with Batch\Rename File. In that listing there are small arrows at the top and bottom of the listing for scrolling, or just use the mouse wheel.

What limitation are you seeing?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Batch Rename 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.2 KB ID:	60941

Last edited by Greyfox; 06-19-2022, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Thank you. it seems I just have not reached the number to scroll yet, although I thought I would have done given the number I have renamed.
              I will continue and see how it goes. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by granddadscott View Post
                Thank you. it seems I just have not reached the number to scroll yet, although I thought I would have done given the number I have renamed.
                I will continue and see how it goes. Cheers.
                Just to be clear, it is the saved Presets pull down listing, not the recently used templates pull down. Each saved Preset has its own template.

Comment

Yes I now realise that I was just looking at the recent list.
                  I have just worked out how to actually save a preset for use it's not the simplest thing to work out but should help a lot now I know.
                  Thank you once again for helping me get through this.

Comment

Working...
                  X