X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Theron Rogers View Post
    I have used Picasa for years. I like it's minor editing, level, crop, lighten/darken. But I really like the geotags and map feature. I am a volunteer photographer for Findagrave. I have over 300,000 headstone photos I have taken with iPhones, from 1500 cemeteries. They are in seperate folders on an portable hard drive. I need to see where each headstone is located on a map, one cemetery at a time. This is no longer available in Picasa. Will one of these ACD products do that? and which one would it be? Thanks for your help....
    Home, Pro and Ultimate all have the map pane.
    Note that the mapping is based on Google Maps, and my experience is that there is generally very little (if any) map detail within a cemetery's boundaries, so placement of pins showing individual headstone location will only be as accurate as the GPS co-ordinates recorded on the day.
    The screen shot below (from Ultimate 2022) shows one of the fairly large metropolitan cemeteries in Adelaide South Australia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Map.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	61303

A comparison of the other features is here. https://www.acdsee.com/en/product-comparison/

Note that Home does not have Metadata Presets and Batch Editing of IPTC fields which given your application might be important. Also Home does not have the RAW Development Mode.

I strongly suggest you take advantage of the free trial period to test what ever version you think might suit you before purchasing.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 08-02-2022, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Theron Rogers
    started a topic Which Product?

Which Product?

I have used Picasa for years. I like it's minor editing, level, crop, lighten/darken. But I really like the geotags and map feature. I am a volunteer photographer for Findagrave. I have over 300,000 headstone photos I have taken with iPhones, from 1500 cemeteries. They are in seperate folders on an portable hard drive. I need to see where each headstone is located on a map, one cemetery at a time. This is no longer available in Picasa. Will one of these ACD products do that? and which one would it be? Thanks for your help....
Working...
X