Installing ACDSee365,etc and updating my data base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing ACDSee365,etc and updating my data base

I have been reading about what has to be done when installing a new version of photo editor and am a bit confused. Is there any location where I can see some clear information on this? Seems that this should be covered when installing a new version. No?

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    I have been reading about what has to be done when installing a new version of photo editor and am a bit confused. Is there any location where I can see some clear information on this? Seems that this should be covered when installing a new version. No?
    It would depend a bit on what the old version is. ACDSee over the last few versions has improved the transfer of some of the user settings..
    In particular the latest 2023 version now has an option to import all of the Tools\Optons - see Tools\Options\General\Import Options.

My advice would be to leave your old version installed, install the new version, run the above "import options" and run Tools\Database\Convert Database. That will NOT alter your old database, but will read the records from it into the new database with what ever conversion is needed.

There are still some things that are not automatically set up in the new installation, for example custom export presets. There is a work around for that - see https://forum.acdsee.com/forum/main-...1926#post61926

Custom Workspace layouts are another, but with the old version still installed, you can use that as a reference.

Comment

Working...
    X