Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Studio Ultimate 2023 Upgrade - License for one machine only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Studio Ultimate 2023 Upgrade - License for one machine only!

I upgraded to this latest version as I do every year.
    The upgrade licenses were always good for my Desktop PC and laptop.
    Upon starting Ultimate 2023 on the second machine it tells me "you have reached the maximum number of activated devices allowed for ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2023".
    I contacted support and they tell me I have a one-seat license code ​only.They offer to purchse a 2nd license for $50. WTF!!

It said nowhere upon purchasing the app that it was one-seat only.
    Has ACDsee changed it's policy?

This makes me very angry. I have been a customer with ACDsee since the early days, purchasing every year the newest version.
    I'm considering to turn away from ACDSee for good.

Originally posted by HamBurger View Post
    ..The upgrade licenses were always good for my Desktop PC and laptop.
    Upon starting Ultimate 2023 on the second machine it tells me "you have reached the maximum number of activated devices allowed for ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2023".
    I contacted support and they tell me I have a one-seat license code ​only.They offer to purchse a 2nd license for $50. WTF!!

Has ACDsee changed it's policy?
    As far back as 2016, perhaps earlier, ACDSee Ultimate, Pro and Home have all been single device licenses, with the various Pack options providing more seats.

This clause is taken from the Ultimate 2020 license Agreement

2.5 Use Restrictions – Your Use of the Software is subject to the following restrictions:

(i) You shall Use this Software in compliance with all applicable laws and not for any unlawful purpose.

(ii) Each licensed copy of this Software may be
    used on one single Device. If You install this Software onto a multi-user platform, server or network, each and every individual user of this Software must be licensed separately or included by a multi-user or site license.

Comment

Working...
    X